Happening around the world
- The Corona virus pandemic is predicted to push an additional 130 million people to the brink of starvation.
- India has stopped using Covid -19 rapid test kits after some were found to be faulty. The Indian council of medical research has advised all state to discontinue the usage of rapid test kits for the next two days after some of them were revealed to be defective. India had tested a total of 462,621 samples from 447,812 individuals as of 21st April according to the council.
- Coronavirus is both a crisis and an opportunity for China’s aggressive new diplomacy: since the beginning of the corona virus pandemic; China has struggled to control the narrative around its role in the crisis. Considerable effort has been expended in pushing the first line, China has also donated huge amount of medical supplies to parts of Europe/ Africa.
- Air pollution is significantly down in cities because of coronavirus lockdown; lockdowns restricting travel and industry imposed to halt the spread of coronavirus have resulted in unprecedented reductions in deadly air pollution around the world, new analysis shows.
- Coronavirus pandemic will cause global famine of biblical proportions UN warns.
- As Poland defies European values women resist on street and online,
- Canada : At least 22 people killed in country’s deadliest mass shooting
- China calls for solidarity as Missouri sues over Pandemic — the US state of Missouri is suing China over inflicting enormous death, suffering and economic losses on the world.
Around 200 people have lost their lives from coronavirus in the Midwestern state. Which is the first to sue the Chinese government over its handling of the outbreak?
However, China has called for solidarity and co-operation saying it is not the time for finger pointing.
- Escape from COVID -19 quarantine: Uganda Convicts six Chinese.
- Kenya coronavirus: case count at 296, airforce media appreciates medics.
- Coronavirus: Somali Diaspora sends home stories of woe.
- Happening in Nigeria.
- President Muhammad Buhari approves payment of February, March salaries of University Lecturers
- Medical doctor slumps dead at FMC Umuahia – Vanguard gathered that the Medical Doctor was on horsemanship at the hospital and dies less than one week of being on his new job. He was said to have slumped while on duty at the hospital